Ayr and Dalmellington Railway Company
Incorporated on 8th August 1853.
Previously the Ayrshire and Galloway Railway, a line to run between Smithstown and Dalmellington. It was re-named in 1853 and continued at either end to reach its intended termini and formed a junction with the Ayr and Maybole Junction line. It opened in August 1856 and was absorbed by the Glasgow and South Western Railway in 1858.
Capital £100,050 in ordinary shares of £14.10s each. Loans of £33,000.