Ayr and Maybole Junction Railway Company
Incorporated on 10th July 1854
A standard gauge line running just under 6 miles between the towns, worked for a fee by the Glasgow and South Western Railway. It opened in October 1856, and became part of the Glasgow and South Western from 1871.
Capital £33,000 in shares of £10 each, loans of £10,000.