Ayrshire and Wigtownshire Railway Company
Incorporated on 23rd May 1887
Formed to take over the Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway, a line running 30 miles between the Glasgow and South Western and the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Railways. The company was not financially successful and sold to the Glasgow and South Western in 1892.
Capital £200,000 in Shares. Loans of £66,000.