Ballochney Railway Company
Incorporated on 5th May 1826 (also known as the Airdrie Railway).
A 4 mile line linking Airdrie to Ballochney, and running to local coal pits. Joined and extended by the Slamannan and the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railways, the three merged under the newly formed Monkland Railways Company in 1848. The new company was taken over by the North British Railway in 1865.
Capital £18,425 in shares and loans of £10,000.