Forth Bridge Railway Company
Incorporated on 5th August 1873.
A line running 4½ miles from the Queensferry branch of the North British Railway, to the newer Dunfermline and Queensferry branch. The railway crossed the Firth of Forth by the newly built Forth Bridge, opened by King Edward VII (as Prince of Wales) in 1890. The line was maintained by the North British company, and the Forth bridge by the company of that name.
Original Capital £1,250,000 in shares of £10 each. Loans of £416,666. In 1882 the original capital was reduced by £134,000 and new capital raised of £634,000 and loans £211,333. It was again increased in 1888 by £375,000 and £125,000, and in 1890 by £200,000 and £66,666 respectively.