|106||‘Govan Branch’ share||?||?||–||–|
Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway Company
Incorporated on 15th July 1837
A standard gauge line between the towns, built and used by the Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock, and the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railways jointly. It opened in 1839.
Original Capital unknown, included in the owning companies individual authorised capitals.
In 1864 new capital for the Govan branch was raised; £70,000 in shares and £23,000 in loans. Further capital of £200,000 (half by each company) and loans of £66,600 raised in 1874 for widening tracks etc, and again in 1883 by £120,000 (half each) and £40,000 loans.