Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway Company
Incorporated on 15th July 1837.
A 51 mile line linking Glasgow with the smaller named towns. The company jointly built and owned the line between Glasgow and Paisley with the Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway (incorporated on the same date.) The line opened in 1840, extended to New Cumnock in 1850 where it met the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway with which company it formed the Glasgow and South Western Railway.
Capital £1,916,500 divided into 12,500 Whole Shares of £50 each; 12,500 Quarter Shares of £12.10s each; 15,625 Shares of £40 each, and 28,125 Shares of £25 each. Loans of £638,066.