Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway Company
Incorporated on 21st July 1835.
A short 5 mile line built in the 4ft 6½ in gauge (converted to standard in 1848). It was opened in 1837 and extended the Dundee and Newtyle Railway’s route. The lines passed to the Scottish Midland Junction Railway in 1845, which then passed on to the Caledonian Railway in 1881.
Capital £15,200 in shares. Loans of £5,000. Increased to 40,200 in total.