North British, Arbroath and Montrose Railway Company
Incorporated in August 1880.
Originally the Arbroath and Montrose Railway (1871), the 16 mile line connected the towns with each other and with the Caledonian Railway. It opened in 1880 after joining with the North British company.
Capital £170,580 in £10 shares, loans of £56,860. Additional raised in 1872 of £15,000 and £5,000 respectively.