Pollock and Govan Mineral Railway Company
Incorporated on 29th May 1830.
A line to transport coal from the towns to Broomielaw in Glasgow, where it could meet the Clyde River and other major lines. It was bought by the Caledonian Railway in 1846 forming part of its main line.
Capital £10,000 in shares and loans of £5,000. Later increased to £66,000.