|101x||£1 shares||19, black, peforated cancelled||#C6531||VF||£30-40|
Telegraph Construction and Maintenance Co. Ltd.
Formed in 1864 to take over the telegraph manufacturing business of Glass, Elliot and Co, and the Gutta Percha Co. Manufactured both transatlantic cables in 1865 and 1866, most of which was laid bb the SS Great Eastern. Acquired the S.S.Edinburgh in 1872, passenger vessel, and converted it to a cable ship. Won the contract to lay the Pacific Cable in 1900 which had been completed by 1902.
Capital by 1940 £896,400 in shares of £1.