Aberdare Railway Company
Incorporated on 31st July 1845. Offices in Bristol.
A standard gauge line running 9 miles serving the Welsh town and its industry, also providing a junction with the Taff Vale Railway and the Hirwain Iron Works and the Aberdare Canal. It opened in 1846 and was leased to the Taff Vale Railway. Acquired by the latter in 1889, thus passing to the Great Western Railway in 1923.
Capital £50,000 in shares of £50 each. Loans of £16,000.
James Poole, Wick House, Durdham Down, Bristol (Chairman 1870)
Philip Henry Vaughan, Redland, near Bristol (1870)
Charles Mallard, Dundonald House, Tyndalls Park, Bristol (1870)
Henry Jones Evans, Brecon Old Bank, Cardiff (1870)
Richard Vaughan, Bath Street, Bristol (1870)
John Jones, Rownham Wharf, Bristol (1870)
Alfred George Downside, Stoke Bishop, near Bristol (1870)