Bridgend Railway Company
Incorporated in 1828
A 4 ½ mile horse-drawn line between the town and the Dyffryn, Llynfi and Porthcawl Railway, opened in 1834. The line was unsuccessful and was abandoned in 1854, being taken over by the Llynvi Valley Railway. This company passed to the Great Western Railway in 1883.
Capital £6,000 in shares and loans of £4,000.