Carmarthenshire Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd June 1802
The second public railway in Britain, a 16 mile line between Llanelly and Llanfihangel and Aberbythick, opened in 1804. The company was re-incorporated in 1864 and transferred to the Llanelly and Mynydd Railway in 1875, this company having working arrangements with the Great Western.
Capital £25,000 in shares and loans of £10,000.