Golden Valley Railway Company
Incorporated on 13th July 1876.
Originally a 10 mile line between Herefordshire and Breconshire. It opened partially in 1881 and 1889 but the line had closed by 1897 and the company liquidated in 1899. The line was bought by the Great Western Railway and re-opened in 1901.
Original capital £60,000 in shares of £10 each, loans of £20,000. 1884 new capital raised £45,000 and loans £15,000 for new substitute lines. Debenture stock totalling £80,000 issued in 1887. The Golden Valley Extension of 1889 raised new capital of £189,000 and loans £63,000.