|106||£25 share||1847, black||>14669||VF||£-|
Newport, Abergavenny and Hereford Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd August 1846.
A 33 mile line to connect the towns, opened in 1854 using the trackbeds of older tramroads. In 1860 the line amalgamated with the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton and the Worcester and Hereford Railways to form the West Midland Railway, following rebellion against the London & North Western company. It subsequently joined the Great Western network in 1861.
Original Capital £733,000 in 14,660 Shares of £50 each. Loans of £244,000. Total capital in 1853 £1,133,300 in shares and £377,333 in loans.