Newport and Pontypool Railway Company
Incorporated on 31st July 1845.
A 13 mile line connecting the towns, and running to Newport Docks and the Blaenavon Railway. The company was renamed the Monmouthshire Railway and Canal company in 1848 and built the line under this name, passing to the Great Western Railway.
Capital £119,100 in 1,119 Whole Shares of £100 each. Loans of £78,163.