Newtown and Machynlleth Railway Company
Incorporated on 27th July 1857.
A 23 mile line, with a junction with the Llanidloes and Newtown Railway. It opened partially in 1861, and fully in 1863, and became amalgamated with others to form the Cambrian Railways in 1864. Grouped into the Great Western Railway in 1922.
Capital £150,000 in £10 shares. Loans of £50,000.