Pontypridd, Caerphilly and Newport Railway Company
Incorporated on 8th August 1878.
A 7 mile line connecting with the Taff Vale and Brecon and Merthyr Tydfill lines. It opened in 1884, and amalgamated with the Alexandra (Newport and South Wales) Dock and Railway company in 1897. Joined the Great Western at grouping.
Original capital £105,000 in shares of £10 each, loans of £35,000. Capital increased in 1882, 1883 and 1887