Rhondda and Swansea Bay Railway Company
Incorporated on 10th August 1882. A line connecting the Rhondda Valley to the Briton Ferry, with later branches built to Port Talbot, Swansea and Neath. The railway was worked by the Great Western Railway from 1907, that company having constructed a competitive route, and it passed to them at grouping in 1923.
Capital £516,000 in shares of £10 each. Loans of £172,000.