Vale of Towy Railway Company
Incorporated on 10th July 1854
An 11½ mile line between the Llanelly Railway and the town of Llandovery. It opened in 1858 and was leased to the Llanelly Railway, and completed the route from Shrewsbury and Crewe to Swansea. The line became joint property of the Great Western and the London and North Western companies.
Capital £60,000 in shares, and loans of £18,000.