|Burlington Division, First Mortgage Bond
|111||$1000||1871, black, green underprint, with coupons||250
Toledo, Peoria and Warsaw Railway Company
The Toledo, Peoria & Warsaw Railway was chartered in 1863, and opened in 1868 from the state line at Indiana across Illinois to the Mississippi River at Warsaw. This line was reorganized as the Toledo, Peoria & Western Railroad in 1880 and leased to the Wabash, St. Louis and Pacific Railway. The lease lasted four years and the Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway took over in 1887.